Welcome to Time Lord Eleven


Hello and welcome to Time Lord Eleven, the up to date Doctor Who information site! Here you can find: features, news, reviews, competitions and information on the time travelling TV show. Remember, this website may contain spoilers... and fezzes! Join the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River as they travel through the universe, battling countless monsters along the way. Please refrain from using inappropriate language as this is a friendly website with a good reputation.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Fisher-Becker 'Dorium' Interview

Hello. Simon Fisher-Becker plays the blue-skinned alien Dorium Maldovar who sold the time manipulator to River Song in The Pandorica Opens. CultBox interviewed Fisher-Becker about his roles in A Good Man Goes to War and Episode Thirteen of Series Six. He also mentions a guest star in the entire series finale. You can check out the whole interview here and the main interests are posted below.

When asked about if he knew about coming back in Series Six:
"No idea at all! I was very happy to have my six lines and to be sat opposite Alex Kingston. I mean, people were saying things like ‘we must have you back’, but to be honest that’s said all the time - so, as much as I hoped, I didn’t hold my breath. What’s happened subsequently is far beyond any expectations."
When asked about his role in A Good Man Goes to War:
"It’s a major part in the storyline, Dorium becomes a bit of a hero!"
When asked about whether Dorium was a good guy or a bad guy:
"Dorium is at heart a good guy, but he lives in the murky depths. Think of him as Arthur Daley. Oh, you’re probably too young to remember Arthur Daley! He works in the murky world of black marketing, so that’s why River Song went to him to get the vortex manipulator [in 'The Pandorica Opens']."
When asked about Dorium's background:
"You see, because everyone always talks in code - and I’m very bad at picking up code - everything is kept quite secret, so any development of the character I have to find from the page and in-between the lines."
When asked about working with Matt Smith and the other regulars:
"Yes, although not Alex Kingston this time, which was a shame as I wanted to say thankyou - the way these things work, you don’t always get the chance to say goodbye properly. So I didn’t get to work with her this time, but you never know!
"Matt Smith was delightful - he talks a lot about football! He helps keep me at ease because I’m a visitor. As visiting artists, we’re a bit edgy and on our toes as we’re very grateful to be there, but at the same time you don’t want to mess things up! I have to say, the experience has been delightful. The whole team was lovely, it was a dream job; to be working on a programme I’ve followed since William Hartnell.
"I wouldn’t call myself a fan, but I’m definitely a follower. I was born in 1961 so I was very young when William Hartnell became Patrick Troughton but I do remember it. I was delighted when Christopher Eccleston came on and rebooted it."
When asked about the episode cliffhanger:
"When filming the episode, for example Episode 7, because of the secrecy we weren’t really told what has happened before. We only know what’s in the episode we’re doing. So now, having seen Episode 6, I’m saying ‘ahhh, yes, okay!’ - I had to chuckle, I was with some friends and the expression on their faces was a picture!"
When asked about the complete scripts for A Good Man Goes to War:
"Well, because my character is in it throughout, I did have a complete script. Our very first scene that we filmed, we were all together, but it was all out of context, it was all in the wrong order, so it was all very confusing. We had no idea what was going on, but it was an absolute hoot!
"What I will say is that a lot of questions will be answered, but then a whole bucket load of new questions will come forward. And the cliffhanger is very good, as you would expect!"
When asked about performing any stunts:
"No, being a roly-poly - because I’m a big chap - I think they were very wise in not encouraging me to do anything too exciting. There is a surprise and I can tell you, because it is out in the domain, when you see Episode 7 just remember that I do come back in Episode 13."
When asked about his role in Episode Thirteen:
"Yes, it’s already been filmed. It’s the last episode of the series and, what I will tell you, is that in Episode 7 Dorium is a hero and in Episode 13 he’s more of a tormenting mentor. Again, lots of answers - everything will be answered in Episode 13, but then something else will be asked, so you’ve got the cliffhanger to the new series."
When asked about the Prequel for Episode Seven:
"Again, that was something that came out of the blue too! I was right in the middle of filming Episode 7 and one of the producers came over and said that Steven had asked if I’d like to do an extra scene with three other characters. So I thought ‘right, three other characters, excellent’ and Steven was writing it at the time we were speaking.
"By 11 o’clock, when I got into the trailer, I found that there were three other characters, but they were mute! So I had to learn this monologue by the following morning, so that was fun. I’m very pleased with the result. And to be the main shot on the official website at the moment, that’s extraordinary, I’m very chuffed!"
When asked about the make-up he wore:
"They allow two hours, but it doesn’t usually take that long. My head is shaved, so then it’s just a case of applying the blue."
When asked about his favourite moment filming Doctor Who:
"There’s so many! I think, because I do follow Doctor Who, the fact that I actually got to be on the set of the TARDIS..."
When asked about whether he was in character at that point:
"Oh yes, in character, I did feel like a 12 year old! Also, the actual idea of being part of the Doctor Who family and being asked back, not once but twice. The camaraderie of the team was lovely, the script read-through around the table, getting into the frock! The other thing was getting to meet lots of other actors: Neve McIntosh was lovely to work with… Mark Gatiss..."
Finally, when asked about when Mark Gatiss was returning:
"That’s Episode 13."

No comments:

Post a Comment